1. The Bible is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. The Bible is made up of 66 different books that were written over 1600 years (from approximately 1500 BC to AD 100) by more than 40 kings, prophets, leaders, and followers of Jesus. The Old Testament has 39 books (written approximately 1500-400 BC). The New Testament has 27 books (written approximately AD 45-100). The Hebrew Bible has the same text as the English Bible’s Old Testament, but divides and arranges it differently.
3. The Old Testament was written mainly in Hebrew, with some Aramaic. The New Testament was written in Greek.
4. The books of the Bible were collected and arranged and recognized as inspired sacred authority by councils of rabbis and councils of church leaders based on careful guidelines.
5. Before the printing press was invented, the Bible was copied by hand. The Bible was copied very accurately, in many cases by special scribes who developed intricate methods of counting words and letters to insure that no errors had been made.
6. The Bible was the first book ever printed on the printing press with moveable type (Gutenberg Press, 1455, Latin Bible).
7. There is much evidence that the Bible we have today is remarkably true to the original writings. Of the thousands of copies made by hand before 1500, more than 5,300 Greek manuscripts from the New Testament alone still exist today. The text of the Bible is better preserved than the writings of Plato or Aristotle.
8. The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls confirmed the astonishing reliability of some of the copies of the Old Testament made over the years. Although some spelling variations exist, no variation affects basic Bible doctrines.
9. As the Bible was carried to other countries, it was translated into the common language of the people by scholars who wanted others to know God’s Word. Today there are still 2,000 groups with no Bible in their own language. By AD 200, the Bible was translated into seven languages; by 500, 13 languages; by 900, 17 languages; by 1400, 28 languages; by 1800, 57 languages; by 1900, 537 languages; by 1980, 1,100 languages; by 2006, 2,426 languages have some portions of the Scripture.
(Source: The World Christian Encyclopedia; Wycliffe, International © printed by permission)
“IS JESUS REALLY MY LORD?”
FIRST STEP: PRAY THIS WAY
If you are unsure that you have made “JESUS AS LORD” PRAY THIS WAY:
“If you, Jesus, REALLY DID ALL THIS FOR ME, IF YOU REALLY PAID THE PRICE FOR ME, AND WON ALL THESE BATTLES FOR ME.. Then, I CAN UNDOUBTEDLY TRUST EVERY ASPECT OF MY LIFE... So STARTING TODAY... I AM MAKING UP MY MIND NO MATTER WHAT I FIND IN THE BIBLE… I AM GOING TO CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT, YOU’LL HAVE TO HELP ME, LEAD ME SHOW ME WHAT IT MEANS IN REAL LIFE, BUT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD: YOU ARE MY LORD, WHAT YOU SAY IT IS HOW IT’S GOING TO BE, HOW YOU SEE IT IS HOW I WANT TO SEE IT.”
If this is your attitude, then everything changes!
SECOND STEP: MAKE TIME!
THIRD STEP: START A DEVOTIONAL LIFE!
TIME TO ENJOY JESUS! HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
(New American Standard Version)
Rom 3:10 There is no one who is righteous, not even one!
Rom 3:23 For we all have sinned and need the glory of God!
Rom 5:12 …because all have sinned!
Rom 5:8 But God proved His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Rom 10:8 But what does it say…the word of faith which we are preaching
Rom 10:17 So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
Rom 10:9 If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved!
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth confesses, resulting in salvation.
Rom 10:13 Whoever will call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved.
Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent, and let each of you be baptized (Immersed) in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved…!
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and Son and Holy Spirit.
REJOICE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP
Greeley, Colorado, United States
Copyright © 2020 REJOICE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP - All Rights Reserved.